Friday, June 05, 2009

Holy 8 Years!


Well this past week we celebrated our 8th anniversary. Time is flying with this man that I married! I can certainly say that I am so grateful for the decision we made to be married. Steve always says to me, "Thanks for marrying me" and I reply, "Thanks for asking me". And wow what a sacrifice he made to ask me to marry him. I had just moved up to Provo when I finally felt good about marrying Steve. After sharing my feelings with him he quickly ordered a ring and planned to drive up to propose. So he and two buddies climbed into his old pickup truck in the middle of January and made the journey up to me. They began their trip with heat, but not far in to the trip the heater went out and instead cold air was continuously flowing into the cabin of the truck. They froze the whole way up there. It got so cold that they actually scraped ice off of the inside of the windshield! Now if that's not love, I don't know what is. I was told that they kept the ring box on the dashboard so that they could all remember the ultimate goal of the trip. He proposed to me in the snow. Living in Arizona for most of my life, I would never have guessed I'd be proposed to in the snow. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was very poetic and heartfelt. I remember him picking me up and spinning me around in the snow after I said yes. What a happy day! I always told Steve when we were dating that I needed to be married to someone who would adore me. Somehow he adores me and more, even when I don't feel adorable at all. Life gets crazy and hard sometimes but I have no doubt that this is the man who I will have by my side always.

6 comments:

Taryn said...

Leslie that is so sweet! It's so wonderful to hear that that is really possible despite everything. You are an amazing woman and Steve is just as lucky to have you! To many more happy years!

Haley Wheatley said...

Congrats you guys! I remember your wedding day! Doesn't seem like 8 years ago. I love the puppy b-day party, I am going to use that for Bodie!

Edmunds said...

Okay you made me cry Girl!

Karolienkie said...

Congrats Leslie- What a fun engagement story... You guys are a super cute couple!!

Amy said...

Hey congrats! Eight years is a great feat! We're working on 6, but our anniversary is two days after xmas and this last year I didn't even post about it (even though I intended to) because all the xmas festivities take over. Lame, I know. Maybe I'll just to a random post about our engagement story sometime.

Mandy said...

I am super late here, but Happy Anniversary! :) Isn't it amazing how time flies!!