Sunday, October 04, 2009

First Days of School

We are a little late on this, but our kids had a first day of school too. Lyda is officially a first grader and she is actually liking it. Yay! Last year she begged to stay home from school every day. She never asks to stay home this year. One of the neatest things about living so close to the school is that we can see Lyda swinging at recess from our driveway. Sometimes she sees us and we wave at each other. I love being able to sneak a peek at my daughter during the day. I still have mixed feelings about her being gone all day long.


Kode started preschool finally. So many tears were shed as we would drop Lyda off at preschool and he had to go home with me. I guess I just expected that he would jump out of the car and be so excited to go to class. Not so. He threw the biggest fit I've ever seen and I left him crying in his teacher's arms. Well I am glad to report that after a few rough mornings, getting to know a few new friends, he is finally happy to go to preschool. And now it is Ruby who cries because she wants to go to preschool too.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

such cute pictures! Bless Kode's heart! I wouldn't think he would cry. I'm glad he is liking it now. We miss you guys!

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

We are growing up, don't you think? Our little babies are all going to school.

Reese & Christi Jones Family said...

I miss that wall behind lyda! I miss those swings! Oh and I miss those cutest kids!!