Monday, November 09, 2009

Ruby's Birthday!

Ruby turned 2 this last month. I can't believe she's 2 already! We kept her celebration pretty low key since she really doesn't play with friends at this point anyway. I happened to be babysitting the Jones kids on her birthday so we had cupcakes and opened presents with them. It was perfect for a 2 year old. This year she actually understood that the day was all about her. She loved opening presents and when they were gone she would randomly check gift bags to make sure she hadn't missed one. She asked for more presents for days after her birthday. And when Kode's turn came three days later, we had to convince her that they were for him and not her. My favorite part of her birthday was listening to her sing happy birthday to herself all day. She would say, "Happy to shoo me." Which translates into "happy to you, me" which still doesn't quite makes sense, but she always forgets to sing birthday for some reason. Anyway, it was pretty darn cute.

She was so excited to have balloons tied to her chair. Especially a princess one. I think Steve's antennae are awesome in this picture.


Loving her cake and ice cream. More the ice cream than the cake.


Fun to have some friends over.


We bought her this little dance outfit to match Lyda's. She looks pretty sweet in it. We also bought her this little baby doll potty hoping to get her excited about using the real potty. Apparently she prefers the baby potty.


Man we love this girl. She is so sweet, naughty and fun all bundled up in one package. She has opinions these days and is cracking us up all the time. We love you so much Ruby doo!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

She's so grown up! Wow, time flies, I can't believe she's two! She is so darling :)

Debbie said...

Serioulsy! She is so cute! I love her long hair! So big now!

Amy said...

Wow, I swear time flies. I think she was just a baby when we found each others' blogs. She's so cute and is at such a fun age! Happy to her!! :)

Amy said...

Wow, I swear time flies. I think she was just a baby when we found each others' blogs. She's so cute and is at such a fun age! Happy to her!! :)

Amy said...

Wow, I swear time flies. I think she was just a baby when we found each others' blogs. She's so cute and is at such a fun age! Happy to her!! :)

Amy said...

Wow, I swear time flies. I think she was just a baby when we found each others' blogs. She's so cute and is at such a fun age! Happy to her!! :)

Amy said...

Wow, I swear time flies. I think she was just a baby when we found each others' blogs. She's so cute and is at such a fun age! Happy to her!! :)