Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fun times with a 2 yr old

While I love each of my children the same, Ruby is just way too easy to write about right now. She is at such a fun age and says the funniest things. So here are a couple of things I wanted to document about her.

This past Sunday I went into her room to wake her up so we could go to church. When I opened the door she rolled over and said, "Are you kiddin' me? I was seepin." Hands down the funniest thing she has said to date. I wonder how she'll be as a teenager.

The other night we were outside and Kode pointed out the moon to Ruby and me. It was covered by clouds and when Ruby saw it she said, "The moon is messy." I don't think she understood that there were clouds covering it and you know what, it really did look messy.

This morning Kode called Ruby, "Ruby duby doo" and she immediately said, "I'm not duby doo, I'm just Ruby."

Ruby is loud. She screams, yells and sings at the top of her lungs. I've always thought it was her way as a third child to be noticed. One day I told her to stop screaming because screaming hurts our ears and nobody likes screaming. She replied, "babies love it!" She has an answer for everything.

We recently borrowed "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" from a friend. Ruby loves this movie and it will forever be called "Amy's movie." After a couple of days watching it I noticed that Ruby had started carrying around a plastic basket with a little mirror in it. I didn't think anything of it at first and then I realized that she was imitating the movie. She hauled that thing around for days. (The girls in the movie carry around a basket and a magic mirror.)

My brother Doug's wife Amber has made a couple of things for Ruby like hair bows, a baby blanket, and we have inherited a lot of clothes from her girls. Ruby has picked up on this and now thinks that "Amby" makes everything she likes. She'll put on a pretty dress and ask me, "Amby made it?" When we did our family pictures I was looking for some brown shoes for Ruby and said something to her about needing to get her some shoes. She said, "Amby make some for me!" So Amber gets the credit for everything!

We have been talking about babies recently because Steve's sister Kris is about to have a baby girl. After visiting Kris one day I asked Ruby what she thought of the baby in Kris' tummy. She of course decided that she must have a baby in her tummy too. But she insists that her baby will be a pink baby. Everything has to be pink!

Just a lot of cute fun times with a 2 year old around here. (Well, not always cute and fun. But thank heavens for these moments!)

1 comment:

Millie Motts said...

I love reading about your cute kids - makes me not miss AZ so much. Wish I could bring the dog over for a visit. :)
Miss you!
Gina