
So I'm a little late, but Steve celebrated his birthday last week. It wouldn't be kind to mention his age but just know that he's getting up there, but he's hot as ever! We went on a great staycation in Scottsdale thanks to my mother who stayed with our kiddos. So I always write about the cute little things that my kids are doing, so I think its about time I write a little something about the man who stole my heart almost 10 years ago. Steve is the hardest working person I know right now. He has so much on his plate right now with work and he has been working overtime. Its been a little rough here and there for everybody, but I think especially for him. I don't think a man has ever loved his kids as much as Steve does. When he has late nights, he has to tell himself not to speed as he drives home in hopes that the kids will still be up so he can squeeze them before they go to sleep. One of the things that I loved about Steve from the start was his funny personality. After all of these years he still keeps me laughing and now our kids too. Kode is always keeping tabs on his daddy. He always asks the obvious question of "where's dad?" even after he knows he's just left for work. He wants to be big and strong and tall like his daddy, and I think he just might be someday. Lyda loves to cuddle with Steve. She knows that daddy likes a cuddle buddy more than anything. Steve will plop down on the couch and say, "Who wants to cuddle with me"? Lyda almost always says, "I will" as she runs over to him. She still asks her daddy to pick her up. She says to him, "uppies, uppies". She has said that since she was tiny and he can't get enough of it. Ruby is Steve's little buddy whenever he is at his desk. She believes that she belongs on his lap whenever he is in front of the computer. She is very interested in the keyboard and mouse, to which Steve usually says, "You're too cute to go into computers. Too cute". All of the kids run to the door squealing and screaming when daddy comes home. Steve is wonderful to me. I have never doubted for a minute that my husband truly loves me and I count that as one of my greatest blessings. We still love being together, even if sometimes its just being in the same room doing different things. And when we are especially lucky we get to go out on a date. I love Steve so much. He works so hard for our little family and loves us all so much.
3 comments:
Happy Late Birthday Steve!
happy birthday steve!!!!!
Happy Birthday (late) to Steve! He should come over and play some games with Justin sometime- or we should bbq. That was such a heartfelt entry....it's always good to remember our husbands (since without them we wouldn't have our cute kids to blog about, right)!?
:-)
Post a Comment