Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rusty Cat

On September 17th this little kitty showed up at our house.


Such a sweet kitten from the start. The kids fell in love immediately and of course then the question was, "Can we keep it?" We decided that we would feed the hungry kitty and if it stayed around then we would talk about it. Amazingly when you feed a kitten, it keeps coming back. So I bought some cat food and we welcomed the kitty into our yard. Lyda wanted to name the cat Olivia and Kode wanted to name it Bolt. After determining it was a male, they finally agreed on Rusty (the boy robot that not many people know about). After it was determined that he was going to be a permanent resident, we got him a bed and set him up quite comfortably in the shed off our back porch. What a sweet cat he has been. He is so patient with the kids and has such a fun personality. He mostly stays outside because I'm allergic to him, but we make sure he gets lots of love. He sneaks in a lot and made friends with the gerbil. Him and Liza were hilarious to watch. I swear that gerbil was taunting Rusty as she would run back and forth next to the glass. Rusty would swat at her and try to figure out how to get to her. Pretty funny stuff.


When he's outside he spends most of his time up in the window right outside the kitchen. I love it. He just watches us all day long. I never thought I'd be a cat person, but I really love this cat!

No comments: