Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Congratulations Kiddos!

So each of one of our kids has recently accomplished something great that I thought I'd share. First off Ruby has successfully cut her first tooth. Her bottom, middle left tooth popped through Monday and the poor kid never got any medicine to help her through the process. She is such a trooper and she's pleasant even when she teethes.


Kode has been potty training for almost a month now and has done an awesome job. When he started I told him that when he was consistently using the potty without being coached, we would go buy one of those razor scooters. So the day came and we went to Target and came home with rollerblades, pads and a helmet instead. (He had been wearing Lyda's rollerblades so often that I threw the idea out there and he was so excited.) I'm so proud of how well he has done with the potty and am so glad to be done with double diapers.


Sweet little Lyda has been extra rough with her brother lately. She's always been the tough one of her little bunch of friends and poor Kode has had his share of abuse. So Steve and I really laid down the law this week in an effort to help her be more kind to her brother. And so yesterday, for the first time ever I think, Lyda made it through the day without hitting her brother. Seems like a strange thing to give accolades for, but its a pretty big deal in our world.


Way to go kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I love it! We're gonna have fun in JUNE!

The Parkers said...

Hey, not-hitting is totally worth praise. We give out the same warning 20 times a day.
I love the rollerblade picture!

Reese & Christi Jones Family said...

Hey Leslie I know I just talked to ya but I thought I leave a comment. I can't believe how old Lyda looks in that picture! What will it be like in 10 yrs when we have little teenagers to deal with? scary thought...

Jessica Steed said...

What a cute post!
I love that you are excited for each of your kids.
I'm glad that your parenting has worked for the not-hitting.
You deserve a lot of praise as well!

Shido said...

Way to go!