Lyda and Zoey (Reese and Christi's) before school on Friday.
Kode and Hazel (also Reese and Christi's). Apparently the sun was too bright to look at the camera.
So quick instructions on how to make the shirts. I picked up a package of plain white tees and some Rit dye, specifically sunshine orange. If you're making one pumpkin in the center you just gather a portion of fabric from the center and rubber band it. For several pumpkins just take smaller amounts of fabric and rubber band them all over. (Make sure you don't put two right across the chest). Get the shirts wet before you put them in the dye solution that you've prepared. The instructions on the RIT package are pretty straight forward. After soaking for a while, take them out, rinse them and cut the rubber bands. Wash and dry the shirts and then you can either use permanent marker or fabric paint to put the faces on. I used permanent markers because I didn't have fabric paint, but the fabric paint will wear better. Pretty easy to do. If I can do it anyone can.
3 comments:
cute shirts! please share instructions!
Really cute shirts! I'm impressed!
So cute! You should send your pictures in to Family Fun, I bet they would get published!! I wish I had seen these earlier, we totally would have done them . . . maybe next year!
Post a Comment