Saturday, October 18, 2008

Catching Up

Last weekend was October Break which meant that Lyda had 4 1/2 days of school off. She has really been doing well in school so I wanted to make sure we had a really fun weekend. She had a half day last Wednesday and wanted to go the the Arizona Museum for Youth. We love this museum! We usually spend most of our time on the side that the kids can just run around and play in, but we take a quick visit to the exhibit side also. Such a kid friendly environment.


Ruby found herself in the mirror. I love how close babies get to themselves in mirrors.


Kode very seriously serving me pizza. We are not playing here, this is for real.


Lyda putting my money in the cash register. I love this place!


On Thursday we went to Payson to visit my grandparents. It was such a nice day and we really had a great time up there. Lyda, Kode and I had a great time at the park while Ruby napped at grandma's house. I really had a good time just playing with the kids. I typically just watch them play, but this time I didn't have a baby in my arms. It's been a long time since I've been on a tire swing. Thanks grandma and grandpa for letting us come visit and for being so patient while my kids touched every non-child-friendly thing in your house.


Grandma and Grandpa with the kids.


Lyda and Kode at the park. Kode is so afraid of heights but really wants to be big enough to touch the sky he says. So there is a bit of fear behind this smile. And I swear I comb his hair sometimes.



We took a break on Friday and just hung around the house. But on Saturday we went to the Rail Fair in Scottsdale. The kids all enjoyed riding on the little train that goes around the park. Kode and Ruby were not big fans of the carousel. Steve and I weren't either, man we're getting old!


See, I told you I comb his hair sometimes.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I LOVE A.M.Y. We have only been there once, but I loved the side that the kids play in! After going there, I bought a little toy cash register and set up a folding table and kitchen toys that we already had and made a little restaurant for the girls. They love it. It looks like you guys had a fun fall break!!