Well yesterday was Ruby's first birthday. Wow that year went fast. I swear it goes faster with each child. We had a little family birthday party for her last night. (Not to leave Kode out, we also celebrated for him with family since his birthday is on Monday. But this post is for Ruby and I'll report on Kode on Monday). Ruby was so fun to watch last night. I think she enjoyed having so much attention, well, until everybody watched her eat cake. She just sort of looked at the cake for a minute trying to figure out how to eat it. It was too big to pick up, but I don't think she really likes her hands all messy either. She poked it a little and then she so leaned over to bite it. We all got a kick out of it and I think she thought we were so weird to be watching her. Or maybe she thought we were cruel for not helping her. Eventually I cut it up a little and gave her a plastic fork. She was excited about that and near the end just had fun aggressively smashing it up on her high chair tray. Thanks Lisa and mom for making a special girlie cake for Ruby. She took some unassisted steps for everyone but mostly just held on to my finger and walked around me over and over squealing the whole time. She was so much fun. She had plenty of help from other small, but bigger, children opening her presents. She loves her new noisy musical toys and can't help but dance every time they start singing. We also got her a swing for our swingset that Steve installed today. She already seems to love being out there swinging with her brother and sister.

Having so much fun!

Being spoiled with presents.

Cake Time!

Getting a little help from a friend. Thanks Fin.

We found the kids eating under here.

Lyda was desperate to find somebody to wear a birthday hat.

Didn't Lisa do a great job decorating the cake? I was so sad to cut it.

Yeah for the new birthday swing!
Happy Birthday sweet baby girl! We love you so, so much. What a blessing you are to our family. I can't imagine life without you.
3 comments:
hey, we have that "come on board, the animal train" thing. Grace loves it.
Also, I LOVE that cake. I am so jealous I didn't have one like that for Grace.
Also again, Ruby looks so cute!
What a cute birthday girl! I swear she looks WAY older than just a few posts ago. Looks like a fun party.
Wow, she is getting so big! That is so funny that she was unsure of what to do with the cake! On Abigail and Eden's first birthday, we were in Hawaii and got this yummy cake. We just let them go at the WHOLE cake. (they didn't hesitate!) They took off the top two layers and we had the rest. It was funny. They were covered from head to toes in cake. Ruby's cake was beautiful, I'm with you, it would have been hard to cut!!
Post a Comment