Friday, April 17, 2009
My Sweet Toothed Boy
Moments ago I watched my son wander down the sidewalk while I was cleaning out the car. He usually walks a little ways and then turns around and comes back. This time he disappeared. So I went into the neighbors backyard to see if he was back there, which is usually where my kids are when I can't find them anywhere else. He wasn't there so I knocked on the neighbor's door to see if he had gone inside of their house. Our neighbor is the nicest old man who always has candy on hand and lots of fun toys for his grandkids. Sure enough, Kode was in his house. He came around the corner with two suckers in his hands, one for him and Lyda. The neighbor said, "He said he was a little bit hungry for candy". We said thank you and I apologized for our interruption and lack of manners. On the walk back home I explained to Kode that we don't knock on people's doors asking for candy. Kode informed me that he didn't knock on the door but instead rang the doorbell. So I told him that we don't ring people's doorbells to ask for candy. He then said, "How do we get the candy then"? He just couldn't see any other way to get the neighbor's attention. So I had to go a step further to explain that we don't ask our neighbors for candy. I told him that next time he should ask me for candy. To which he replied, "But you will say no". Now how do you argue with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I know that neighbor and he surely is one of the BEST!
We sure miss seeing everyone on "our" street... Everytime I go back - I feel at home again, like I never left.
Hey I also loved Steve's previous post. You are a SUPER HERO!!!
What a funny story.
It made me laugh, it was so true!
We have a older man in our ward who always gives the kids candy.
It's a riot. He practically gets mobbed at church.
That's funny! Bless his heart! He's a smart little boy! Love that story!
That is so funny! :) He is a smart little guy! Don't you hate it when kids are more logical than you are prepared for! :)
Post a Comment