Sunday, April 26, 2009
Lockdown Drill
Recently while driving home from Sunday dinner at my parent's house, Steve and I were asking Lyda about school. We asked what her favorite thing was about school. I knew the answer before she gave it. "Recess", she said. So we dug deeper. We asked her what she thought was the most interesting or amazing thing that she had learned up to that point. She really sat and gave it some good thought before finally announcing, "Lockdown Drill". Lockdown drill, eight months of sending her to school day after day and this has been the highlight of her learning experience? While I am glad that the schools practice in case of a lockdown, it sure made me wonder about the quality of my daughter's education. Yikes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i am nervous that she knows what a lockdown drill is... what ever happened to a plain old fire drill.
wow!
Ya, it is SOOOOOO sad that they have a lockdown drill now. :( I think she just liked that it was something out of the ordinary!
I'm with you on that- Caed had a similar answer. Maybe 1st grade will be better?
;-)
Post a Comment