Sunday, May 03, 2009

Puppy Party

A few weeks ago my brother's daughter had a birthday and celebrated with a super fun puppy party.


(My dad with the birthday puppy)

My sister-in-law Amber throws some pretty awesome parties and this one did not disappoint. She pre-made dog ear headbands and instructed the kids to pick a pair out as soon as they arrived. Then they got their faces painted and beaded doggy collars. They crawled around and barked and played in the dog houses that were all over the place. (This was all a very big deal to Kode who has been obsessed with the movie Bolt lately).



They were served mac & cheese with hot dogs in dog dishes. So stinkin' cute. The kids loved it. As soon as they were done eating lunch Amber cleaned the doggy bowls and then filled them with treats and sent them home as party favors.


The kids had a blast playing games and pretending to be dogs. It was one of the funnest parties my kids have been to. As soon as we got into the car Lyda informed me that she would like a kitty party for her next birthday. And Kode of course wants a puppy party just like his cousin.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

So cute! Love it and yes it was a very good ides:)

Melissa said...

How cute! I can't wait to have some kiddo birthdays! So fun!

Debbie said...

Wow! Look at how big Kode is getting! He's such a cutie! Cute puppy idea. I'm gonna have to remember that for the future

Bert and Kelli Millett said...

Very fun! Wow, I thought if I made cupcakes for my kids' birthdays I was doing good! I'm not going to let them see this post or they'll be demanding all sorts of things. They already talk about their birthdays all the time. I always have to remind them, "We'll talk about your birthday in November." Aren't I a mean mom?

It was great to see Brad and Lisa at Kasey's wedding reception. It's been years (maybe 5 or 6) and it was nice to reconnect a little.

Mandy said...

Wow, I read tidbits of this happening on Amber's facebook, but now after seeing the pictures, I am thinking my girls might be getting a puppy party! Such cute ideas!! :) I LOVE IT!