Monday, May 10, 2010

Crandell Funnies

When Kode thinks you are lying to him he sings the Liar, Liar song with a twist. This is how it goes: Liar, liar pants on fire, telephone rings on pants on fire.

So one day Ruby and Kode were fighting more than normal so I told them individually that if they hurt the other person again that I would put them in time out. As soon as I finished saying this Kode whispered, "Ruby punch me in the eye."

Lyda recently finished up her dance class and had her final performance. She was pretty excited to be done. On the drive home from the recital I told her how proud I was that she had hung in there and finished up the class even though she didn't want to. She replied with this gem: "Wait, I could have quit?"

Ruby started asking me on a pretty regular basis if Jesus was going to come back. I was surprised that she was asking such a big question for a 2 yr old and then I found out that she was talking about the ceramic statue of Jesus that broke a while ago.

Stephanie is a favorite cousin of my kids. They love her. One day Kode came across something super cool and exclaimed, "That is cooler than Stephanie!" That is truly a compliment.

Steve helped Ruby on the potty recently and she kind of fell in a little bit. This really upset her and for a few days following the incident she referred to her daddy as a poopoo brain because he "made" her fall in.

Ruby loves to wear dresses and often she'll put one on and then immediately spin and if it doesn't flare out she says, "its not working!" And sometimes she insists on a new dress.

Ruby is mastering redundancy. She says things like this daily and very seriously: "If I get so naked, I will be so naked." "If I'm gonna throw up, I will throw up." "If I died, I will die. Will you miss me?" "If I break my head, I will break my head, and I will die."

Ruby saw a guy on a commercial that she has seen several times and says, "I don't like that guy." I asked her why not and she said, "Cause he talks to me everyday!"

Steve often says the phrase "bored out of your gourd" to the kids. So now Kode wanders the house saying, "I'm bored to my gourd." We also call their mouths their boca a lot because they think its hilarious, or we do. Anyway, one day Kode said to me, "never let anybody ever cut your boca gourd." I asked him what he had said and luckily Lyda was nearby and said, "vocal chords." I wonder if he has any idea what we are saying to him ever.

Lyda is just getting too old and reasonable to say really silly things these days. She is very funny and makes us laugh a lot but she doesn't misunderstand much anymore. There was a time she did, I just hope we documented them.

These kids are so fun and they sure make us laugh a lot.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Your kids are so funny! I loved hearing those stories! Makes me miss you guys more! Hope all is going well!