Sunday, June 13, 2010
Something Missing
This poor kid fell down and smacked his front teeth so many times as a small toddler. We watched over the years as his teeth got grayer and grayer. Not too long ago we noticed little bubbles in his gums above his front teeth and thought we better have him checked out by the dentist. Sure enough his gums were infected and abscesses were forming. The dentist recommended pulling his teeth to prevent repeated infection of his gums. And we figured he'd lose them soon enough anyway that they weren't worth trying to save. When I told him what the dentist wanted to do I was worried that he would be super nervous about it. But instead when I told him that he said, "Yes! That means I can get 2 dollars from the tooth fairy!" And that was that. He was awesome through the whole procedure and after only a couple of days of complaining that he wanted his teeth back, he's never said a word about it again. And I think he is so darn cute with those gaps front and center.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment