Why talk so much about steak? Well, there was one other time when I needed steak like I need it now. And that reason was Kode. So as you probably have guessed, or already know, we are expecting our 4th baby. It has taken a while to get to this point because 3 felt really good for so long, but we are all really, really excited. I am due at the end of September, but I have to have a c-section at this point and after my last one the doctor said the next one would probably need to be 3 weeks before my due date. So probably mid September we will have a sweet new baby join our family. The kids are super happy about this. We waited for a while to tell them because we wanted to make sure all was well first. Lyda smiled at me for days and can't stop saying, "I wish it was September!" Kode would occasionally say, "You're pregnick" and then ask when my stomach was going to get bigger and if I could feel the baby move yet. He has been so into this pregnancy because he is desperately hoping for a brother. I hope he gets one, but I keep reminding him that we just want a healthy baby and girls are great too. Ruby is determined that this baby will be a girl. The other day she referred to this baby as a girl and Kode said, "You can't call the baby her, you have to call it the Mystery Sibling cause we don't know if its a girl or a boy yet." Steve and I are excited and nervous all at the same time. Poor Steve worries the whole pregnancy. And I have to admit that this time around I worry too. I think the older I get the more I worry. But I have a great doctor and at this point we have already had 2 ultrasounds and seen this little one moving and kicking and seeming healthy. So we are just hoping it stays that way!
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Steak!
So here's the deal. I'm not proud of this picture. I can't believe I'm even posting it. But I do think that it appropriately shows my passion for steak lately. I can't get enough steak, or sometimes just beef in general. Best steak so far, Ruth Chris' filet mignon. Yep, that was the best and I was truly spoiled to get it. The downside to experiencing such a marvelous steak though, is that it is hard to find a cheaper one that can satisfy my craving. Outback Steakhouse failed miserably. Anyway, one day when my beef craving hit hard, my wonderful husband ran to the store for steaks and cooked me one within 20 mins. It was fabulous. He then pointed the camera at me and documented the moment well.

Why talk so much about steak? Well, there was one other time when I needed steak like I need it now. And that reason was Kode. So as you probably have guessed, or already know, we are expecting our 4th baby. It has taken a while to get to this point because 3 felt really good for so long, but we are all really, really excited. I am due at the end of September, but I have to have a c-section at this point and after my last one the doctor said the next one would probably need to be 3 weeks before my due date. So probably mid September we will have a sweet new baby join our family. The kids are super happy about this. We waited for a while to tell them because we wanted to make sure all was well first. Lyda smiled at me for days and can't stop saying, "I wish it was September!" Kode would occasionally say, "You're pregnick" and then ask when my stomach was going to get bigger and if I could feel the baby move yet. He has been so into this pregnancy because he is desperately hoping for a brother. I hope he gets one, but I keep reminding him that we just want a healthy baby and girls are great too. Ruby is determined that this baby will be a girl. The other day she referred to this baby as a girl and Kode said, "You can't call the baby her, you have to call it the Mystery Sibling cause we don't know if its a girl or a boy yet." Steve and I are excited and nervous all at the same time. Poor Steve worries the whole pregnancy. And I have to admit that this time around I worry too. I think the older I get the more I worry. But I have a great doctor and at this point we have already had 2 ultrasounds and seen this little one moving and kicking and seeming healthy. So we are just hoping it stays that way!
Why talk so much about steak? Well, there was one other time when I needed steak like I need it now. And that reason was Kode. So as you probably have guessed, or already know, we are expecting our 4th baby. It has taken a while to get to this point because 3 felt really good for so long, but we are all really, really excited. I am due at the end of September, but I have to have a c-section at this point and after my last one the doctor said the next one would probably need to be 3 weeks before my due date. So probably mid September we will have a sweet new baby join our family. The kids are super happy about this. We waited for a while to tell them because we wanted to make sure all was well first. Lyda smiled at me for days and can't stop saying, "I wish it was September!" Kode would occasionally say, "You're pregnick" and then ask when my stomach was going to get bigger and if I could feel the baby move yet. He has been so into this pregnancy because he is desperately hoping for a brother. I hope he gets one, but I keep reminding him that we just want a healthy baby and girls are great too. Ruby is determined that this baby will be a girl. The other day she referred to this baby as a girl and Kode said, "You can't call the baby her, you have to call it the Mystery Sibling cause we don't know if its a girl or a boy yet." Steve and I are excited and nervous all at the same time. Poor Steve worries the whole pregnancy. And I have to admit that this time around I worry too. I think the older I get the more I worry. But I have a great doctor and at this point we have already had 2 ultrasounds and seen this little one moving and kicking and seeming healthy. So we are just hoping it stays that way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations! SO exciting. Glad things are well with you guys!
Gina
p.s. I'm right there with you on a love of steak. Mmmmm.
Congratulations!!! So so excited for you guys :) Steak is so fabulous when preggo, I would have to agree! Sizzler was my fav...
congratulations!!! i love that you crave steak. what a great craving to have when you are pregnant, it sure beats pickles. wow, four. i love having four. it gives me a great reason for now really being able to say that i have lost my mind. i am just kidding. four was surely much easier than three and my fourth rules the roost. because my other ones were older, they all think she can do no wrong. it sure is a circus around here, though. but i always say when you have a circus what is one more clown. congrats, again.
Yay! Congratulations!! I am pregnant too! I miscarried back in November so I definitely know how it feels to be nervous becuase that is how we have been. How many weeks are you? I will be 14 weeks on Tuesday and my due date is Oct. 11th. :) Good luck to you and keep me posted on how you are doing!
That picture is so funny! I was laughing my head off! Hope you are feeling well! I know what you mean with the worrying the more you have. I have been worried about every little thing with this one. I was to young and clueless when I had Autumn to even worry! Can't wait to find out what you are having!
Post a Comment