(Don't you just love those cheeks!)
Lyda turned 8 this past May. She was pretty excited to be getting baptized. Maybe some of it for a new white dress, but we really discussed what it means to get baptized and made sure she knew the choice she was making. I spaced it and left the camera at home so most of the baptism pictures are on my parent's camera and let's be honest, I'll probably never see those, but fortunately Steve had his phone and snapped a couple of pics. She had lots of family and friends come and it really ended up being a special occasion for her.
Here's the little announcement I made for it.
After her baptism we had her birthday party. It was a busy day, but we figured we'd just get it all done at once. She wanted a tea party with glass dishes and makeovers. So my wonderful sister in law Amber agreed to give all of the girls updoes. That was no small feat. My other sister in law Lisa helped me paint fingernails. And then when they were all beautiful we started the tea party and served them endless amounts of junk. They loved it. It was pretty funny how stunned some of them were that they were allowed to have more of everything and anything they wanted.
Overall I'd say the day was a success. And can I just tell you how much I love this girl! She is really growing up and it shows. Not only is she trying to pass me up in height and shoe size, but she is really beginning to mature. She has been such a great help to me during this pregnancy. Nobody (well maybe me) is more anxious for this baby to come then her. A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was feeling tired and that my feet hurt. She said, "well let's get you laying down and I'll rub your feet." And so she quickly helped me fold the laundry and made sure I laid down and sure enough she rubbed my feet. And then again last week as I walked past the kitchen rolling my eyes at the dishes and then plopped myself down on the couch, she walked by and I asked her if she'd unload the dishwasher. She was so quick to do it I was amazed. But not only did she unload the dishwasher but then she proceeded to load it and clear off the kitchen table too. After that she brought me a comfortable pillow and began rubbing my feet with lotion again! Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to be this girl's mom. She really has a tender heart and her dad and I often marvel at what a great girl she is becoming. I really am excited to have an extra set of pretty capable hands when this baby arrives. He will most definitely have two mommies.
No comments:
Post a Comment