Monday, August 15, 2011

Quick Update

Wow have I neglected this blog! I blame it on this growing a human business. There is nothing quite like pregnancy to completely demotivate me to get anything done. To be fair, I do have an occasional morning where I just bust out chores and get this house looking good, but mostly not. I am down to 5 1/2 weeks left, not that I'm counting, before this baby is scheduled for his big debut. My c-section is September 22nd at 12:30pm right now. So unless he decides to come sooner that will be his birthdate. It seems so soon and yet so far away. My body is achy and my heartburn is killing me. And I swear this kid is trying to kick his way out of me. He is so active. Steve and I watched a zombie show the other day and I realized how much I move like a zombie. I just sort of move slow and shuffle my feet as I walk. It isn't pretty. Lyda pointed out recently that I have begun to waddle. And it has been funny to watch people react to my size lately. My friend Jessica's little 3 year old just noticed my belly the other day. He pointed to my stomach and asked what it was. It was pretty funny. And just today when I went to pick the kids up from school, a boy from Lyda's class said, "Wow you've gotten fat. You were skinny last year." To which Lyda explained that there was a baby in my stomach. The kid was amazed. It was like he'd never heard about pregnancies before. Kind of weird and kind of rude. I don't care, but man if my kids were calling somebody fat I'd be so embarrassed. Well I would post a picture of my pregnant self, but I don't have any. I'm the primary picture taker around here so I usually don't make it in them. I'll have Steve take some pictures soon and then I'll post some. Not so much because I love pregnant pictures of myself, but I do think it is an important thing to document. And our blog is our journal and ultimately we have it printed into a book. So there's a quick update and after I go through pictures from the last 4 months, I'll blog some more.

4 comments:

amity said...

good luck!! you are almost there. i am so sorry i am sure that it is so hot and miserably hot there. i really feel for you especially in the summer. it is always amazing to me when you have a date and time as to when your new little one will make his debut. i am really looking forward to the pictures. i can't even imagine you ever being fat!!

oh, by the way, what are you taking pictures in primary for? what is your calling? i really am unaware that this might be a calling. if so i think we might need to find someone in our ward to fulfill that calling.

amity said...

sorry about my comment. it is after midnight and we just got home from a day at lagoon. i think i should put the computer away and go to bed.

Jenny said...

I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!

Amy said...

Oh, those last few weeks are wretched. Hang in there. At the end of one of my pregnancies I read "Big Hungry Catepillar" to Emily and that part when it says he was a "big fat catepillar", she goes, "like you mom!" Not trying to be mean, just observing the painful truth! What I'm trying to say is that I feel your pain. :)

So glad for Kode to have a brother. We really want one for Dallin next time around.