This Christmas Eve was spent with Steve's family. We had wonderful food and company that night. We exchanged a few presents and Grandpa read the Christmas story out of the Bible.
Ruby has learned very quickly that grandpa will share every treat with her. They are buddies.
I love this picture of Ruby and Kode. Ruby because it captures her perfectly as she excitedly watches the disney characters play their little instruments. And Kode because he is just so darn serious about some things. He was around this table so much that night making sure that everything was in order. (Just a little side note, this Mickey Mouse Christmas band has been around since Steve was a little kid).
Sweet Lyda loves her daddy so much. She's always so quick to give out hugs and her dad has such a soft spot for her. We loved having so much time with Steve this holiday.
Christmas Day
The super desirable swimming baby doll at the top of Lyda's list this year has finally arrived in our home.
This stroller was the best $10 I ever spent. Ruby loves it.
Star Wars and light sabers. One for Kode and one for dad. Two very happy boys. Kode sleeps with his every night now. Fortunately Steve doesn't.
Ever since dressing up at Zoey's house, Lyda has dreamed of having her own Snow White dress. Thanks to grandma and grandpa, her dream has come true.
Avatar Aang toys were a hit. The bad thing about pictures is that you can't hear the excitement as he is opening the gift. This kid was so fun to listen to opening presents this year.
Ruby has a little shoe fetish. She's had her eyes on her brother's flip flops, but they kept falling off. So she got her own and was anxious to put them on, thus the diaper only shot.
We spent the afternoon at my parent's house. Its a tradition in my family to have a huge prime rib dinner. My mom and dad work so hard to make a nice meal, and once again it was fabulous. And I totally forgot to take pictures. Overall we had a nice Christmas. It was a nice break for all of us and we really enjoyed having so much time to spend together.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great holiday! I LOVE Christmas! It's fun to get to know your kids through these posts since I only see them every other year or so! :) I will e-mail you next time we are planning an AZ trip so we can get together. (with all of the snow up here, I am thinking it may be sooner, rather than later . . .!) Hopefully we'll see you soon!
But what about Lyda's REAL invisible castle and powers?! You are such horrible parents!!;)
I love that Ruby has an obsession with shoes. That cracks me up. She is so cute!
Post a Comment